Friday, October 23, 2009

The Norris girl's Nest

Here are pics of our newest addition's room. I am trying the delayed posting for the first time, so hopefully by the time this posts, she will be here!!!

These white dressers were red, which Tony painted before Sam was born. He tried to strip them before he repainted them white, but was unsuccessful. So he just painted over the red. They turned out okay, I told him they kind of had a Shabby Chic look. He was not familiar with this term, but he now uses it to defend anything he works on that doesn't turn out quite perfect..."Its Shabby Chic"

We also, as mentioned before, had to buy a new crib. I promised Tony we would not speak of this anymore, but its too weird not to share. Long, gross story short....Our old crib, which was in perfect condition (on the outside) after making it through 2 boys, no scratches, no bite marks, nothing. Tony had been insisting that the crib was making "noises" for a long time now. I thought he was just being his normal neurotic self (sorry babe). Turns out there were wood boring beetle larvae eating the crib on the inside!!!!! After some Internet research we have determined that the eggs for these things were probably in the wood before the crib was ever manufactured. The crib went to the dump and we bought a new one that actually just arrived a week and a half ago. This one will turn into a full size bed, so at least we will still get some long term use out of it.







I had to share this picture of Ollie. He pulled this book (please note the title) off the shelf and was looking at it. I guess he was trying to study up before his sister arrives.

2 comments:

Amy G said...

I love the nursery, it looks wonderful. I love all the colors and the big C which stands for...! I can't wait for you to post the name, it is so cute!

Lael said...

It looks like a sweet baby girl has joined your family! I LOVE the name Clara! Congrats and enjoy those first days! I think the precious newborn time goes by faster with each one :(